New members are always welcome. Why not try one of our regular walks or pub meets? There is no charge for trying a few of our events to see if the group is for you. If you want to become a regular member of the group you will be expected to join the Ramblers.
How to join
You can join by picking up a leaflet on one of our walks, or online (on the Ramblers website – Join Online). Whichever way you join, please include the group code ES50 in the appropriate box otherwise we do not receive correct notification of your joining!
When you join, it is also a good idea to e-mail the Membership Secretary so that you can be added to our distribution list for updates about events.
By joining you will get access to a range of benefits:
- Access to all our walks, social events and weekends away.
- Walk: a high-quality quarterly magazine.
- The Rambler’s yearbook: containing a mass of useful information about walking and places to stay.
- Discounts in a range of outdoor shops. Typically:
- Cotswold (15%)
- Blacks (10%)
- Millets (10%)
Joining supports our group to run and helps to support the work of the Ramblers’ Association in campaigning to improve access to the countryside.
Current membership rates
Membership rates (checked January 2016) are:
- Individual: £34.00
- Joint: £45.00
- Reduced: £20.50 (For people who, for whatever reason, cannot afford the standard rate.)
- Reduced joint: £27.50 (For people who, for whatever reason, cannot afford the standard rate.)
*Please note that Tesco Clubcard points can be used as payment for membership. Please visit Tesco website for more information.